Our Contractors' Service
The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) sets out how payments are made to subcontractors by contractors and certain others business in the construction industry. All payments made by contractors to subcontractors must take accounts of the subcontractors tax status. This may require the contractor to make a deduction on behalf of HMRC when they make a payment to a subcontractor.
Work covered by the Scheme includes:
- Site Preparation
Service provided by us includes:
- Setting up scheme
- Registering subcontractors
- Verification by contractors to confirm whether subcontractors should be paid net or gross
- Calculating subcontractors pay & tax
- Subcontractor payment statements
Monthly returns CIS300, requiring a declaration that the contractor has considered the employment status of each subcontractor to ensure that subcontractors operating as employees are not claiming self-employed status.
- Completing annual returns